About the Rosewood Manor Care Foundation
Events & Projects
Rosewood Manor is celebrating partnerships! We invite you to be involved in our Million Dollar Campaign!
7th Annual Garden Party Extravaganza
Date: Sunday, September 11, 2011 — Time: 3 – 8pm
Location: Gilbert Road in Richmond
Call Deborah at 604.271.3590 ext. 123 or leave a message at ext. 132 to order your tickets or sponsor someone to attend!
Join us for an afternoon of gourmet food, vintage cars, live music and entertainment in a Roaring 20's Fundraising Party. Despite the prohibition, people back then really knew how to have a good time... They didn't call it the "Roaring 20's" for Nothing! Brave guests ~ wear your flapper dress, fedora, zoot suit, wing tip shoes, long pearl necklace, headband, feathers... The Rosewood Manor Garden Party brings guests, sponsors and volunteers together to raise funds for seniors in our community. All of the funds raised from this fundraising effort will support the following initiatives:
- Replace the 28-year old night side tables & dressers for 80 rooms.
- "Reno a Room" ~ A $10,000 donation will improve our residents' home and their quality of life. Renovations encompass: removal and replacement of flooring; installation of energy efficient windows, new fixtures, lighting, paint, millwork and signage; widening of doorways to be wheelchair accessible; and upgrading the building to fire code specifications.
- Enhanced Recreation Programs (music therapy, art therapy, pastoral care).
- "Endowment Fund" ~ Continuing our partnership with the Richmond Community Foundation in building our permanent endowment fund for the future needs of our residents.
- Ceiling lifts and mechanical lifts to ensure resident and staff safety.
- Nurse call and communication system to improve responsiveness to resident care.
- Security systems to ensure safety of residents and staff.